In a nuthsell:
“Nah… Agile only works in the Tech industry”. “We can’t be Agile”, “People need managers to work effectively”… We heard many similar misconceptions in the business world. Our classes are designed for managers who don’t come from the IT world but would love to apply Agile Principles and Practices to create a more effective and humane workplace for knowledge workers.
Is it for me?
Your industry background does not matter as the classes are designed for:
- Team Leaders
- Project & Product Managers
- HR Managers
- Wanna be: Scrum Master, Product Owner or any Agile practitioner
- Anyone with management experience who’d love to explore the Agile way of working
- C-level people who’d love to bring agility into their business
Not sure, if you fit? Please ask us. We will help you to identify it.
Need a private training for your teams? Tell us. We will adjust the training for your industry needs, so it will be even easier to digest for your colleagues.
What will I learn?
- Be able to contrast Taylorism and Agile management approaches using the Theory X and Theory Y model
- Understand what is meant by “knowledge work” and how it’s different than other, more routine or mechanistic types of work
- Be able to map different types of problems to problem domains (Obvious, Complicated, Complex, Chaotic) and identify appropriate strategies for addressing them
- Understand the difference between managing work and managing people, flow metrics and the risks of local optimization using models like Little’s Law and the Theory of Constraints
- Discover how to apply Agile in non-IT environment.
- Be able to distinguish common agile tools like Scrum and Kanban
What will I get?
- Training materials for your own deep dive after the classes
- A workbook that will become your learning sanctuary
- A 10% discount for other Wawel HIll’s training
Should you prepare?
Not really. Three weeks before the training you will receive some reading suggestions. In case you’d like to read or learn more before the classes, please let us know. We always have a lot of extra materials to share with our attendees.
There are no upcoming events at this time