In a nuthsell:
Flight Levels refers to looking an organisation from different levels. There’s the team level, where I was working, and that’s called Flight Level One. Above that is the space in which teams interact (or don’t), and that’s Flight Level Two. At the top is Flight Level Three, at which strategic planners decide what gets started and what gets discarded. This isn’t a hierarchy. One is not better or more important than another. It’s just different ways of looking at the system that give different views into how it’s working, or not working.
Klaus’ simplest thing that could possibly work at each Flight Level involves four familiar activities: visualize the situation, create focus, establish agile interactions, measure progress.
What will you learn?
- Understand the difference between Team Agility and Business Agility
- Identify Flight Levels and design their flow
- Manage interactions withing your organization: discover, represent and manage them together with all the dependencies
- What happens at each of the levels in your organization
- How to scale agility beyond the team level
- Taking off into the change process
- Identify and repair the gap between strategy and operation
- Strategy methods such as OKR in the context of flight levels
- Mapping of different time horizons: Strategy/Initiatives -> Years, Initiatives/Epics -> Quarters, Stories/Tasks -> Weeks/Days
- Connect isolated teams (lonely agile) islands/silos cause in the organization
Should you prepare?
Not really. Three weeks before the training you will receive some reading suggestions. In case you’d like to read or learn more before the classes, please let us know. We always have a lot of extra materials to share with our attendees.
When can you sign up?
Below we listed the upcoming public classes. If none of them work for you or you’d like to organize a private training inside your organization, please let us know.
Is there anything else I should know?
For your comfort, we keep the class size from 8 to a maximum of 12 people. Classes are thought in English. Unless all attendees are Polish and we decide together with the group to switch the language before we run the classes.
Will I get a certificate?
Yes, you will! Justyna and Paul are official Flight Levels Academy Guides.
There are no upcoming events at this time