Kanban for Scrum Teams
October 8 - October 9PLN 3000
🥜 In a nutshell:
Scrum is a fabulous way to organize a team to deliver value and quality consistently, and it is extremely flexible. Within a Sprint, a Scrum team can organize its collaboration in any way that helps to achieve the Sprint Goal. Kanban can provide visibility, clarity, and flexibility that a team needs to handle, even in the face of new information or priorities.
For years, Paul was a Scrum Master in many Scrum teams, long before discovering Kanban. Kanban addressed so many issues that he was having with reporting, predictability, overburdening, and delivering faster. It helped to establish trust with new clients early in the process by delivering working features earlier in a Sprint. It felt like Scrum’s missing superpower.
🤔 Is it for me?
Training is dedicated to both Scrum and Kanban Practitioners. It empowers them and helps to build a sustainable delivery system inside the organization. A one-day class is designed for anyone who already works in Scrum or Kanban environments or would like to start, especially:
- Kanban Coach & Consultant
- Scrum Master
- Agile Coach
- Project Manager
- Product Manager
- Team Leader
- Teams that would like to implement Kanban or Scrum
- Anyone who manages knowledge work
During the workshop you will have ample opportunities to discuss and experience the following topics:
- Experience Kanban
- Full simulation using the Scrumban game
- Definition of Kanban
- Foundational Principles
- Core Practices
- The Kanban Values
- Understanding Kanban
- Pull-Based Systems
- Commitment in Kanban
- Replenishment and Planning
- Delivery of Products
- Lead and End-to-End Cycle Times
- Cumulative Flow Diagrams
- Flow Efficiency
- Metrics in Kanban Systems
- Implementing Kanban
- Understanding Sources of Variability
- Identifying Opportunities to Improve
- Analysing Demand and Capability
- Work Item Types
- Classes of Service
- Kanban Board Design
- Designing Kanban Tickets
- Examples of Visual Kanban Boards
🎓 What will I learn?
- Improve visibility in your team’s process so that everyone on the team can make better decisions, communicate and collaborate more effectively.
- Stop overpromising and under-delivering thanks to implementing probabilistic forecasting into your team DNA.
- Learn to improve your retrospectives with metrics that make it easier to identify opportunities for improvement and to demonstrate which improvement decisions are effective.
- Take two in the price of one! Kanban and Scrum together for better knowledge of work management.
- Design a sustainable and predictable delivery process.
- Apply Kanban and Scrum principles in practice.
🎁 What will I get?
- Unusual learning experience. You could learn Kanban for Scrum from a Scrum trainer. But why not learn it from a seasoned Kanban professional, who also has a decade of experience managing Scrum teams?
- 30% discount for your own Kanban Quest Game.
- 20% for other Wawel Hill’s Training.
- 1-hour video consultations after the classes.
💼 Meet the trainers:
🧑🏫 Paul Klipp (in the role of Flow Master and the main trainer):
Executive positions in B2B services on three continents over the course of a 30 year career. For the past fifteen years, I’ve been focussed on improving the delivery, quality, usability, and predictability of offshore software projects by means of various agile tools and practices, and encouraging a culture based on agile principles to make work stimulating, engaging and satisfying for all concerned. I teach what I know as a workshop leader, conference speaker, and conference organiser.
Read more about Paul here.
👩🏫 Justyna Pindel (as a co-facilitator and your comfort maker):
I am an Agile & Kanban Practitioner who helps teams to work better and deliver the right products at the right time. As a trainer, I help teams to design a company culture that unleashes everyone’s potential. As a Design Thinker with a background in tech startups, I change the way teams approach complex problems, build and deliver digital products. Discovering TBR and becoming a TBR trainer improved the way I live, work, think and accelerate change. I hope that now is the time, that I can inspire others with the TBR way of working.
Read more about Justyna here.
🖇️ Should I prepare?
Not really. Three weeks before the training you will receive some reading suggestions. In case you’d like to read or learn more before the classes, please let us know. We always have a lot of extra materials to share with our attendees.
☕ Is there anything else I should know?
– To make our training engaging and enable you to learn by doing, we structured it based on cognitive neuroscience, the concept of Accelerated Learning and Training from The Back of The Room rules.
🛋️ How to book my place?
To buy a ticket, please fill in the form below and we’ll prepare the invoice for you!